Its always intriguing to put your name into a search engine and see what transpires, so here are some alternate John Bray's round the world
- Founder of the world's first cartoon studios
- The fellow Wokingham dweller
- The Christian
- The Tropical Fish keeper
- The Student
- The ex-director of BT's Martelsham labs, who have the John Bray Lecture Theatre!. Sadly John died in September 2004.
- The runner of the world record for the 1500m in 1900
- Holiday home proprietor in Cornwall
- The Hastings Estate Agents
- The Maltese Funeral Director
- The Minnesotan Lawyer
- The Canadian Biker
I'm grateful that John Bray Discos of Worcester don't yet have an Internet presence, and John Bray Menswear of Jermyn Street have closed. I now know why I've a park named after me near Brisbane.
The park is situated in Pine Rivers Shire, part of the urban sprawl making the Northern Suburbs of greater Brisbane. The suburb name is Bray Park as well as the park and Railway Station. I regret to inform that it is fairly monotonous suburbia. The Bray family were pioneers of the Pine Rivers district and were active in Local Government politics. John Bray was probably a Shire chairman,hence the honour of having a park named after him. Most of the Bray family in this part of Australia are descended from Devonian stock. My great grandfather, John Bray, was born in 1840 in Knowstone , which is near South Moulton. My father came to Australia as a child migrant in 1928, aged 15 years. John F. Bray, BARDON AUSTRALIA